1. To impart practical exposure on the microstructures of various materials and
their hardness evaluation.
2. Also to impart practical knowledge on the evaluation of material properties through various destructive testing procedures.
1. To provide hands on experience in operating various types of internal
combustion engines and understands their functioning and performance.
1. The students are required to understand the parts of various machine tools
and operate them.
2. They are required to understand the different shapes of products that can be produced on these machine tools.
1. To impart hands-on practical exposure on manufacturing processes and
1. To impart practical exposure on the performance evaluation methods of various
flow measuring equipment and hydraulic turbines and pumps.
The Metrology and instrumentation Laboratory course is designed for measuring
and gauging instruments for inspection of precision linear, geometric forms,
angular and surface finish measurements. The student can learn the measurements
with and calibration of instruments. They also understand the machine tool
alignment test. Instrumentation lab introduces the students with the theory and
methods for conducting experimental work in the laboratory and calibration of
various instruments for measuring pressure, temperature, displacement, speed,
The laboratory course is aimed to provide the practical exposure to the students
with regard to the determination of amount of heat exchange in various modes of
heat transfer including condensation & boiling for several geometries.
1. Solving Problems of fluid mechanics and heat transfer by writing programs in
C-language and MATLAB.
2. Using ANSYS-FLUENT build a geometry, mesh that geometry, Perform CFD method on the mesh, perform the calculation, and post-process the results.
3. Understanding the validation of the numerical result by comparison with known analytical results.
4. Understanding the numerical result by invoking the physical principles of fluid mechanics and heat transfer.
1. To impart the fundamental knowledge on using various analytical tools like
ANSYS, FLUENT, etc., for Engineering Simulation
2. To know various fields of engineering where these tools can be effectively used to improve the output of a product.
3. To impart knowledge on how these tools are used in Industries by solving some real time problems using these tools.
|S.NO||Name of Software||No of Users|
|1||Train off line simulation software||10 Users|
|2||Creo academic teaching version||50 user’s network license (perpetual)|
|3||ANSYS CFD||30 Users|
The Mechanical Engineering department runs an exclusive department Library to the benefit of students In addition to the Books available from central library students can also access this unit for unique collection of books & magazines. Further we have exclusive E- Resource facility for students of their interested areas of research and academic domain. The Mechanical department providing E-notes, PPTs and Video lectures for the concern subjects with respect to the syllabus framed by the university which will give easy access of knowledge to the students . Library has rich collection of print journals and magazines on Mechanical Engineering.Library also provides open access for the users